Light and Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Dark

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Just gonna leave this here
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:38 pm by FallenSanity

» 2K15 REVIVAL
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm by Nick

» Branra'rin'moloo, core name Tariny
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm by FallenSanity

» Chapter 1 - Da Boyz undah seegj
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 am by Janitor

» Testing Polls
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 am by Nick

» SWRP-III Chapt. 1
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am by Saarthal

»  Magic in TES (WIP)
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 am by Nick

» ESRP Chapter One
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 pm by Nick

» Character Thread
IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am by Nick

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posting users this month
No user
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

IMPORTANT NOTES

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 9:42 pm

IMPORTANT NOTES:
-Magic exists. Demons and Angels can use it, Humans cant.
-Humans have evolved the technology for Muskets, but not cannons. They are the only ones that can use them
-Each continent is about the size of China.
-The wildlife is relatively the same as Earth’s, with some extra creatures in the Demonic and Angelic continents.
-None of the races have wings or can fly.
-Daemonil refers to the Demonic races, Aeravil to the Angelic.

--------------------------
-------Nations--------

Krevala-
--Capitals
Sethaliumn (Revaeran)
Mie’Norr (Sek’ishi)
(Cubi have no actual capital)

--Geography
The Krevala mainlands are vast and diverse, from the great plains to the south, the Northern forests in the north-east, and the Obsanium mountains at the northernmost point. There are three races that make up the population of Krevala. The Revaer, the main race. The Sek’ishk of the northern forests, and the Tribal nomadic Cubi of the great southern plains.

Se’Bahn-
--Capital
Haven (Romanii)

--Geography
Se’Bahn in a large continent surrounded by amazingly tall mountains, with vast grassy plains and great clear lakes on the interior. There is one mountain, taller than all the rest, in the center of Se’bahn. At the top of it lies the Romanii capital of Haven.

Irth-
--Capitals
Voutanrest (Human)
Targo (Rohgedyn)

--Geography
The Geography of Irth is perhaps the most diverse of all the continents. From the Cloudy Mountains that span the entire North, to the Irthan Dunes desert in the Northeast, the great plains and rivers to the West, or the massive Deepwood forest, which covers the entire south third of Irth. Irth is home to only the Humans and Rohgedyn, however the Rohgedyn have been living in isolation in the heart of Deepwood for so long, never emerging, that they have become little more than a myth to the outside world. The Humans are one of the most advanced races of the world, having already invented primitive muskets. They have spread themselves over all of Irth, and have many large cities and vast trade networks. The only part of Irth that remains uninhabited by Humans is Deepwood, where no human will dare to tread.

-------Races----------

--Demon Races--

Revaer-
The dominant race of Krevala, the Revaer occupy mainly the north of their continent, with their capital being Sethaliumn at the Southwest of the northern mountains. The Revaer are the most populous race in Krevala. Their culture is centered around the Solun religion, and most of their lifestyle is affected by it. Revaer are adept magic users, and great warriors. They llive in clans of anywhere from 30-500.

Cubi-
Physically the strongest of the Demonic Races, Cubi (or Kuubi, Kubi, Keubye, etc) occupy the south great plains of Krevala. They gain their natural strength from their ancestry. Their race has been one of little technological advance, and they have kept their culture and traditions alive for countless generations. Cubi are nomadic, which makes them great runners with amazing stamina. From childhood, they take part in all the same work and activities as adults, giving them their famous strength.

Sek’ishk-
Physically the weakest of the Demonic races, Sek’ishk are also the greatest magic users, able to conjure spells to rival the greatest magical masters. They evolved in the large northeastern forests of Krevala, making them swift and agile, able to climb and run along trees quickly and gracefully.

--Neutral Races--

Human-
Humans are the most technologically advanced race in the world. Humans are the only people able to craft and wield firearms, which, although primative, can be used to devastating effect in massive volleys from their armies. Humans are the most populous and wide-spread race in the world. Unlike the Angelic and Demonic races, their allegiance in the war varies. Some are loyal to the Demons, some to the Angels. It is rumoared that there has even been fighting between human armies over support in the war.

Roghedyn-
Evolved thousands of years ago from a hybrid of Romanii and Demons, Rohgedyn were shunned from the world, and even actively hunted when the world war began. With moderate magical ability, Rohgedyn have kept themselves in hiding within the heart of Deepwood for an age now, and have become little more than a myth to the outisde world.

--Angelic Races--

Romanii-
The Angelic Romanii race are physically and magically varied, meaning that depending on how they are trained, they can fill many different roles. Romanii are diverse and competent, one of the smarter races of the world. The Romanii have evolved from a very [elven] lifestyle, and live to be quite old, never knowing sickness beyond the common cold.

History

----------------------------------------------
----------------Culture---------------------
----------------------------------------------

Revaer
________
-The Revaer are considered the dominant race of the Krevala mainland.
-They learn to use and control magic at a very young age.
-When they turn six, they are adopted by a master and raised by them (muchlike the Jedi)
-When they turn 15, they craft their own weapon, based on their own preferance. The weapon is imbued with the maker’s magic elements, and his/her soul.
-They do not graduate at a specific age, but rather when they have proven themselves worthy in the arts of Language writing and Literature, History, Mathematics, Science, Magic, Craftsmanship, and Combat.
-There are many ranks of the Revaer. (Again, think Jedi, but with more ranks)
-They typically dress in clothing made of highly durable, yet light and comfortable materials. (Think something like Herac silk)
-Their attire is almost always elegant, yet basic (think Jedi robes here)
-Their diet consists mainly of Meat.
-They live to be about 100

Sek’ishk
________
-The Sek’ishk are a wise and cunning people.
-They learn to use magic from the time they can figure out what magic is, and are trained their entire lives.
-They never really attend a formal school, and are taught what they need to know by their family and friends.
-When they reach an age where they are considered able to fight, they are trained in the art of combat.
-There are no real social ranks, as the Sek’ishk belive in equality.
-Their clothing is usually made up of tight and durable materials that allow for quick and agile movement through he forests.
-Their diet is very balanced between meat, vegetables, fruit, etc.
-They live to be about 85

Cubi
________
-The Cubi are physically the strongest race of Krevala
-They never learn to use magic. Those that wish to must teach themselves.
-They never attend a formal school, and are instead taught by the people of their tribe.
-They are taught how to fight and hunt from the time they can run and speak effectively.
-They craft a weapon of their choosing at age 18
-There are no real social anks
-Clothing is usually loose and basic, made of leather or similar materials.
-Their diet consists mainly of meat, as they are primarily nomadic hunters.
-They live to be about 75

Romanii:
_______
-The Romanii are mainly a peaceful race, fond of literature and music.
-They learn the ways of magic at a young age.
-They are sent to school around age 7.
-At the time of their graduation from school, they are given a weapon of their choosing.
-There are many social ranks of the Romanii
-They typically dress in light and comfortable clothing, with many designs and patterns reflecting their artistic culture.
-Their diet does not have any real standard, but is usually high in sweet fruits.
-They live to be about 100

Humans
________
-Humans are the most widespread and technologically advanced race in the world.
-They cannot use magic, period.
-They are sent to school around age 8, and continue through 18
-At the time of their graduation, they can either take on a career, or join the military.
-There are four main social ranks of the Human culture: The nobles, the commons, the middle class, and the servent class.
-Their clothing style varies greatly from place to place.
-Their diet also varies greatly.
-They live to be about 75.
-They are the only race able to craft and wield muskets.

Rohgedyn-
_________
-Evolved from a hybrid of Angels and Demons, have not been seen in over 1000 years. They live in the heart of Deepwood.
-They learn some magic at an early age, and may choose to study it further.
-They never attend formal school, and are taught by their parents.
-They craft a weapon of their choosing when they move into adulthood
-There are no social ranks
-Their clothing is usually thick and warm, and consists of a lot of dark colors to disguise them in the dark forest
-Their diet is made up of all variety of Plants, and any animals they can hunt in the forest.
-They live to be about 90

----------------------------------------
------------Appearances----------
----------------------------------------

Revaer
________
-Stand about 6’5”
-Medium build, not visibly muscular
-Rat-like tail about as big around at their forearm that is about ⅞ the length of their leg
-Solid jet-black eyes
-Pale skin

Sek’ishk
________
-Stand about 6’2”
-Slender
-Long, sharp fangs
-Pale skin

Cubi
________
-Stand about 6’6”
-Muscles are quite visable
-Sharp teeth
-Dark reddish-brown skin

Humans
_________
-Stand about 6’2”
-Body type varies
-Skin color ranging from pale to dark

Rohgedyn
_________
-Stand about 6’3”
-Slender
-Solid dark-colored eyes
-Dark tan skin

Romanii
________
-Stand about 6’3”
-Slender
-Blue eyes very common
-White hair also very common
-Fair skin

---------------------------
-----MISC NOTES------
---------------------------

-Sentient weapons-
The first weapon made by a Revaer, Cubi, or Romanii is a sentient being that can think and communicate with its user and others. The weapon dies when its user does, and becomes just another weapon. But, the weapon and user can also communicate with eachother in a way that nobody else would be aware of. Talking without words. Only the first weapon made is sentient. All others will be just ordinary weapons.

Last edited by Xazhi on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://lightanddark.rpg-board.net
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Nic wrote:
Xazhi wrote:
Nic wrote:
Slaves! Do we have them?

We dont.

Is that a personal choice or is that something that none of the races ever decided to do?

Something none of the races decided to do.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Nic wrote:
Dragons, yes or no?

No. All the creatures of the world, with the exception of a handfull that live on Krevala and Se'bahn, are the same as on Earth. When i get around to it, ill make a complete list of all the mythic creatures.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Nick wrote:
What age (of each race) approximately does one join the army/military/war-effort?

That is a good question. I would say that the minimum ages would be this:

Revaer --16
Sek'ishk --18
Cubi --12
Human --18
Romanii --17
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Nick wrote:
Alright, Fantastical creatures:

We've established that there are no dragons, but what of Griffons, Mermaids, Drakes, Minotaur (which is Mythical and not really Fantastical), Giant Snakes, Ents (or Treefolk of the kind), Faeries, goblins (probably not goblins, and creatures of these ilk? What of them?

It's actually funny you bring this up. I have been thinking for quite a while on what specifically the differences are between the creatures of the FRP world and our Earth. Here is a list of what I have thus far:

Ice Wolves (Polaris)
--By this I mean Wolves that are larger than most, with white fur and tough thick skin.

Giant Scorpions (Sandira)

Herac Spiders (Devronim, and some parts of the Northern Krevala Mountains)
--As they are described in the HRP.

Great Eagles/Griffins (The Skysles)
--Great Eagles as depicted in the Lord of the Rings movies.

Aether Whales (The Skysles)
--As seen in the Aether mod of Minecraft.

Mushroom Men (Se'bahn)
--Tiny fungus-people (an insentient race), about 1-2 inches tall. Incapable of speech. They live in tiny villages and, despite their short lifespan, move quite slowly. When they die, they quickly decay and release many spores.

It will also be hinted at that a few other Sentient races may exist in the world, ones that have fallen out of history as the Rohgedyn did, and lost to the sands of time.

Note: The Skysles are the floating islands high above the clouds where the Skypians live. None of them can be seen from the ground. Currently, none of the races are even close to possessing a means of reaching them, or even getting to a point where they could be seen. Then again, the Skypians are believed to be nothing more than myth.

As for the creatures you listed, I would say no to them for the time being. Perhaps later we can work a few of them in, but for now let's just go with what I have listed.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Garth wrote:
zeru wrote:
since humans are most advanced tech wise what all exactly do they have to avoid mistakes in the future

Like, do they have muskets only? or cannons as well? And if not those, gunpowder traps? and so on.

Humans are the most Technologically advanced race as far as they know. As for their technology, it includes:

Revolutionary War -era Muskets
Cannons
Industrial Revolution -era Forging techniques
Means of preserving food and other things in ways similar to modern freezing and refrigeration

The rest of their technology is the same as the rest of the known races, around Medieval Europe -era.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:54 pm

CURRENCY OF THE RACES:

Humans use a currency known as the Irthan Ahns. This consists of two varieties of coins, with the more valuable being the actual Ahns.
An Ahn coin looks like a metal coin about the size of a Quarter, but square instead of round, Silver in color.
A Sehm coin looks like a metal coin about the size of a Quarter, Copper in color.

One Ahn is equal to Ten Sehms.

Revaer and Sek'ishk use a currency known as Krevalan Dtyeris. This consists of three varieties of currency, the Dtyeris, the Ntyers, and the Atyers.
A Dtyeri looks like a metal rectangle, about the height and width of a Quarter, and the Length of one and a half, Black in color.
A Ntyer looks like a metal coin, about the size of a Nickel, and silver in color.
An Atyer looks like a metal coin, about the size of a Penny, red in color.

One Dtyeri is equal to five Ntyers, which is equal to five Atyers.
One Dtyeri is equal to 1.1 Ahns

The Cubi usually use the Barter system, but in the event they do use actual currency, it is the Krevalan system.

Romanii use a currency known as the Se'bahnic Luris. This consists of three varieties of currency, the Luris, the Undis, and the Ranis.
A Luri looks like a metal coin about the size of a Half Dollar, silver in color with a small hole the size of a penny in the center.
An Undi looks like a metal coin about the size of a Quarter, Blue in color.
A Rani looks like a metal coin about the size of a Nickel, yellow in color.

One Luri is equal to ten Undi, which is equal to four Rani.
One Luri is equal to 0.8 Ahns.

The Skarrn use a currency known as D'kk's, which consists of two types of currency, the D'kk'ss and the D'sts.
A D'kk's looks like a metallic-stone coin about the size of a Half Dollar, black in color with a slight Green-ness.
A D'st looks like a metallic-stone coin about the size of a nickel, white in color with a slight green-ness.

One D'kk's is equal to ten D'st
The Skarrn are not known to 99% of the world, and thus there is no exchange rate of D'kk'ss to any other currency, though there is vise-versa. The exchange rate varies on who you trade with, as Overworld currecny is seen not as having true value, but as collectables or other non-currency things in the Skarrn underworlds.

Rohgedyn do not use any form of Currency, and instead use the Barter system.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 pm

WHAT EACH RACE LOOKS LIKE

Im going to provide yo asses some visuals.

Revaer:
Spoiler:

Sek'ishk:
Spoiler:

Rohgedyn:
Spoiler:

Romanii:
Spoiler:

Cubi:
Spoiler:

Skarrn:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Nick wrote:
Instruments!

Violin, viola, cello, etc. stringed instruments or wind instruments? do they exist? If so, which species use which most often, popularity?

A very good question, though with very little effect on RP at the time. However, it is still worth knowing. Universe flesh and all that.

So I will attempt to compile a list of what instruments different races would be accustomed to using, popularity, etc.

Humans-
All kinds of instruments, but mostly in the strings category, with such things as the Lute, Cello, Bass, Harp.

Rohgedyn-
Mostly very small instruments which could be played in the cramped spaces between the Deepwood Trees. Common would be such things as drums, flutes, ocarinas, and small horns. Everything would be made from a combination of Wood and animal skins. Rohgedyn would be unaware of the existence of any instruments not used by them.

Romanii-
A mixture of Strings and Woodwinds, making for a light and melodious style of music, complementing their culture as a whole. Most common would be flutes, ocarinas, harps, and lyres.

Revaer-
Usually smaller instruments that could be carried around easily. Common are Lutes, ocarinas, horns, lyres, and drums.

Sek'ishk-
The Sek'ishk are not a very musical people, and thus their instruments serve an almost exclusively practical purpose. They would use drums and horns, pretty much nothing else.

Cubi-
The Cubi play simple instruments, but very loud ones, designed for both entertainment and practicality, reaching across the plains to distant tribe-members and others. Most common are drums and horns.

There are some instruments of the real world that do not exist in the FRP world. Including:
Violins
Saxophones
Trumpets/Trombones/Tubas/etc
Steel Drums
Guitars (As they are in modern day)
Maracas
And some others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IMPORTANT NOTES Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTES   IMPORTANT NOTES I_icon_minitime