Light and Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Dark

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Just gonna leave this here
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:38 pm by FallenSanity

» 2K15 REVIVAL
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm by Nick

» Branra'rin'moloo, core name Tariny
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm by FallenSanity

» Chapter 1 - Da Boyz undah seegj
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 am by Janitor

» Testing Polls
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 am by Nick

» SWRP-III Chapt. 1
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am by Saarthal

»  Magic in TES (WIP)
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 am by Nick

» ESRP Chapter One
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 pm by Nick

» Character Thread
Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am by Nick

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posting users this month
No user
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

Chapter 1: Name TBA

Go down 
+5
Fel
Nick
Moose
The Wings of Steel
Xazhi
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

Chapter 1: Name TBA Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:50 pm

The official thread of Chapter one. Have fun, everyone.
Back to top Go down
https://lightanddark.rpg-board.net
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:31 pm

=I walked around the small town. Arma Lux was folded against my arm, spouting off various form of encouragement to random passerbys in need of help. I was walking along, talking with one of my friends from my...formation, I guess you could say. It was how we were organized in the military. There were certain formations groups of us would take, and that would determine what we did in combat. For example, a square formation with shields and bows and arrows, known as the Wall, would be the mainstay of the march. Raining arrows down on the enemy, while stopping their own arrows that fired back. My formation was known as the Snake, in every sense of the word. We would flank around the side and back of an enemy position and strike, swiftly and surely, before running back and attacking from another direction. It was not as critcal to combat as say the Wall, but it was just as lethal, if not more so. Anyway, we were walking down a street, talking about our latest kills, latest victories and losses, as well as fallen comrades. Our weapons participated, albeit limitedly. They mostly talked with each other=

Last edited by Garth on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:15 pm

=Xazhi was sitting in his class, with his head down on his desk, having something of a daydream=

Quote :
=He stood on top of a mountain, high into the clouds. It was dark, and there was a large object moving towards him. It looked like a large galleon ship that sailed slowly through the sky. He had no idea what it was. Dark energy swirled around as he charged up his magic. Sparks flew out of his hands, and fire erupted from his eyes. He gathered all his strength, and forced his hands together, sending out a massive storm of red lightning that made a boom that would deafen someone miles away=

HEAT LIGHTNING!!!

=The sky-boat was engulfed in flames, and descended at an increasing rate untill it slammed into the mountain. Xazhi shouted into the clouds in triumph and sent a thunderstorm into the air=

=He lifted his head off the desk and stared at the wall briefly=

If only...

=He looked down at the half-completed test on his desk, reading over the questions=

Quote :

Name: Xazhi Narok
Date:

1) Name two clashing magic elements.
Light and Dark

2) Name three of the Five schools of Magic.
Destruction Conjuration Restoration

3) State the reason(s) that Fire and Earth users are able to wield the Tier Three element of Magic Metal, according to Sidrehn's law.

Shit...

Quote :

3) State the reason(s) that Fire and Earth users are able to wield the Tier Three element of Magic Metal, according to Sidrehn's law.

Fire and Earth go into the Tier Two Lava, which is combined with Earth to make Tier Three Magic Metal.

=He stares blankly at the wall again, before looking to the sunreader on the windowsill. He read the patterns on it, and determined that class was nearly over. He stared back at his test, and scribbled in the last few answers=
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:18 pm

=We walked into the Romanii Vinum, a pub for lack of a better term. Back before the war, I'm told that those with weapons had to leave them on a large rack near the door. Now, though, that has changed, and that rack is now used mostly for coats and jackets. We walked up to the counter and joined in the merry noise of the pub=

So, we going to Irth tomorrow?

"Indeed we are, Arrun. Why?"

Just wanted to know if I should pack my BS detector or not.

=they chuckled=

"I pack it with me all the time! Never leave home without it!"

"Oh? Say, on an unrelated note, that's a very good looking shirt you have on."

"Thanks, it w- hey!"

=we all laughed again and ordered the usual, a mix of beer and wine that had the alchohol of beer with the taste of wine. It was a town favorite, and rightfully so. We spent some time in there, getting close to drunk, or as close as we could get. Romanii have a history of almost no illnesses. It's kinda scary and awesome at the same time=

-You need to cool it on the drinks. You keep up this rate and you won't be able to get food for a few days-

+Yes, Arma. I know. This was my last one.+

=I set down my empty glass and turned to my friends=

Farewell, and have a good night.

"Night!"

=I walked out of the Romanii Vinum and headed off towards my home. I called up my wind magic and used it to push me along, increasing my speed=
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:05 pm

=I was walking through the forest, in search of ingredients. Yes. Sounds fun, right? Well, it is when you start to find interesting plants and other things, but when you come across Poison Ivy after Poison Ivy... You get the idea. It was a day off training. Even though you were kinda pushed to carry on training, without the mentors. I was collecting ingredients for my Alchemy, and sometimes practicing controlling the odd piece of green, to help with my Virden. One thing I missed about training, was being around other people. Looking for ingredients wasn't the most social activity. But, it had to be done. Atleast it got me out of having to do stupid combat training... Seriously, who needs combat training when you have magic? I suspose there's a reason which some Wise Elder knows about. But... I prefer my magic over combat anytime...=
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:44 pm

"I have a raging headache," I said as I downed the last of my Sangria, a red wine mixed with lemonade, fruit, like oranges, and some spices. "I'd rather not talk about the ceremony tomorrow."

"Alright, alright." said Barnebus. "If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to. Iust inquiring, that's all. meant no offense by it."

I rested my forehead on the bar. It felt nice, but I needed to sleep or get some herbs into my system if I wanted to get rid of this headache. "You know what? I'm going to have another drink before I go home."

"Take it easy, if you drink anymore you won't be able to find your way home." Barnebus said to me, concerned.

"I'm only having one more bibum (drink). I'll be fine." I said, I didn't know if I'd be fine, I iust wanted him to leave me to my last drink before I stumbled home. I slowly stood up, I put my hands down onto the table, to keep me steady and stable. I could feel the alcohol taking it's toll. I looked around the bar, the bartender was talking to a pretty looking lady at the end.

I don't really remember what happened next, I guess I had a bit too much Sangria. But I woke up the next morning with an even worse headache, and I was on a boat. Not only was I pissed, I was confused. Not a good combination. Not to mention I was a boat. Did I mention I was on a boat? I went from being in a Romanii Bar to being on a boat. I could feel the water beneath the ship, we were moving.

Moving. The boat was moving.

I looked around. I was in a dark, wooden ship. There was a set of stairs leading to the upper deck about 20 feet away. Some water washed in through the grate above me, getting me wet. Water. I smiled.

The water was fresh from the sea, I could taste the salt. But I couldn't hear anything. I drew out moisture from the wood of the ship. Which would have been difficult had I only been a water user, but with the combination of water and virden, it wasn't hard. Now, I had no real reason to drying out the wood, but if a torch was dropped, and things turned ugly, it would make for a quick escape and distraction.

I stopped what I was doing when I heard foot steps on the boat.

Oh Gaia!

The foot steps stopped over the hatch over the stairs. I heard the sound of a lock being open and the sound of chains falling onto the wood of the ship. I braced myself for the worst. The latch opened and light shone through I was blinded, and then I realized that the light was not sunlight, but light from someones light magic. Or Fire. If it was fire, I would be able to use water to cancel it out. Well, if I had enough water to smother the flame.

The man with the light, walked down into the hold, I was more or less sprawled on the wooden floor, I had yet to move from the position I woke up in. The light fell upon me, and nothing happened. The light bearer came and went, though some guards came down afterwards, or mercenaries, but I thought every able bodied man was out fighting the war? Bah, questions without answers. I could barely walk, so they half dragged me half supported me when I tried to walk out of the hold of the ship. The light was blinding, but there were orbs of light floating around the ship, illuminating it's exterior. I don't know who kept those orbs of light in the air, but they must be quite the mage, because I saw ten or fifteen of them. The Guards brought me onto the deck, and tied me to the mast. I was strong, and taller than your average Romanii, but despite my height and my physical strength, I was clearly outnumbered and submitted to being tied to the mast. We were still docked, however, the tide had simply rolled in and a storm was coming, which explained the rocked of the ships and the sound of waves hitting the side of the boat. Wait, I could hear now. When I was down in the hold I couldn't hear anything. It must be some kind of advanced wind magic. but limited to the inside of the hold? how was that possible? unless some kind of alteration was at work?

I was now tied, to a mast. A storm was coming. I looked around and other than the ship's crew, no one was at the docks. What was going on?
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:02 pm

=Not long after I started my run home, I arrived, a large-ish gust of wind blowing past me and onto the house, rattling a few of the shades and decorations. I walked inside, and set my coat on the hanger near the door. I walked through the living room, the dining room, and the kitchen into my bedroom. I sat down on my bed and took off my shoes and gloves, putting them in their respective places near the bed. I leaned back and fell asleep on the bed, not caring I was still in my clothes, and wearing Arma Lux=
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:54 pm

=I'd been out in the forest for... I didn't know. A long time atleast. I'd got enough ingredients, but I hadn't found anything interesting. So, I headed back home. To my training quarters. They were OK. It was about four or five of us stuffed in one room, but atleast you'd never go bored. The room never seemed to smell... Probably some sort of Magic. When I arrived, a few of the other Trainees were already asleep, so I climbed onto my bed. They were small beds, but had a reasonbly sized gap between each one. I put my ingredients under my bed (Which admittedly, would've been easier when I was standing up...) I fell asleep. And there you go. One of my normal, average days.=
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:41 pm

=The next morning, Xazhi was standing at the docks, staring at the fleet of ships ready to depart that afternoon. He had enlisted in the Revaeran army, and was waiting to be assigned to a ship. He thought about the daydream he had the day before while in class. He thought about the legend of the Skypians, and their mysterious magic. The sun was warm, and there was an occasional cool breeze=

What are you thinking about?

Nothing, Derehn.

Nervous?

No.

=He stared off at the ocean while he waited to be called up=
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:29 am

I was tied to a mast, and we set sail. I could only guess where we were going. We headed west, I think, towards Irth, but I had no way to be sure. The sailors were wind and water users, with a few others. Some were dark, others light. The Captain, a female whom I've never seen in clear light. I could see storm clouds on the horizon. The sun was covered, and the world grey. I looked around, the sailors going about their work, preparing themselves for ocean travel while we were still on the sea between the mainland and the island. I was looking at each of the sailors: I recognized none of them. The Captain came out of her cabin a few times, but never went beyond the mast, she was always heading from her room to the poop-deck.

I don't know why they tied me up, nor do I know how I got on the boat in the first place. The last thing I remember was leaving the bar, or Vinum-Villa. The it's all black. Not one thing between then and waking up. I was more than a little frightened at what was happening. I had a myriad of thoughts going through my mind, thinking of all the possible reasons for this. I've technically been kidnapped. But at the same time they never threatened me with violence, nor have they spoken to me. In fact, I haven't heard anyone speak since they tied me up. It couldn't have been some sort of telepathy. I don't think any Romanii could do that. Or anyone for that matter, it was entirely fictional. It was more likely to be some sort of wind magic, or they all knew what they were doing. I had my money and that last thought: they all walked around the boat with a purpose. Were they smugglers?

They never looked at me while I was tied to the mast. I was still slightly under the effects of the Sangria I drank the previous night. I was still dressed though, I was grateful for that. Especially since we were sailing against the wind. I was still cold. The storm drew ever closer.

Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:43 pm

=I woke up, and groaned. Today was the day we set sail for Irth, and I already had a headache. Damn you, wine, why must you taste so good? Anyway, I got up, stretched, and changed into some cleaner clothes, putting Arma Lux on the bed while I did it. I didn't put my gloves on, nor my coat, instead putting on my armor, which was on a stand near the doorway. It was your typical ornate armor, lots of swirls and fancy designs, but it was small and light, meant for speed rather than protection. There was a raised lip around an opening on my right arm, where Arma Lux could fold in and out of my armor. The Helmet was very intriguing. It had a small box over each of the eye holes, to help prevent a stray arrow from entering while allowing maximum visibility. The chin of the helmet also had two fang-like spikes on the bottom of it, facing out a ways, signifying me in the Snake Formation. After it was all said and done, I put Arma Lux on my arm, aligning its blade with the hole in the armor, and going into the kitchen for a short meal. Once it was all said and done, I headed out to the port, meeting up with my fellow formation members, along the way. We waited for the boats to arrive=
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:46 pm

=After Xazhi was called up and assigned a ship, he climbed aboard and sat down. The top deck was where most of the men were. They sat on benches that lined the sides of the ship, so that their backs were against the rail. He inspected his armor briefly. A pair of chainmail pants and tunic under that clothing in leather, with a belt around the waits which held two small pouches, and one across the chest that attached to the other on the opposite side of the body. His boots were thick leather, but actually very light and easy to run in. He wore gloves of animal skin for protection of his hands, and forearm bracers of thick leather, which his shirt was tucked into. His helmet was actually the skull of a wild Banshee. The armor was standard-issue for the Revaeran soldiers. The only thing that visably distinguished them was their weapons, as each person was required to bring their own. He removed his helmet, and stared up into the big blue sky, watching the clouds=
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:44 pm

=the ships arrived, and we all got on. I was told to help power the sails, so I got onto the higher up deck and waited for the signal. Soon, all the other ships, a total of 5, were loaded up and ready. The signal was given, and all the wind magic users called upon their skills and propelled the ships forward. I had three others on the deck with me, and I could see maybe 4 Water users down near the front, using their skills to pull the ships. Wind pushes, water pulls. It made for a very quick and effective way of moving across the seas. I chatted with the others, comparing how we used our Magic. One said he used it with his Dark magic to give it an extra bit of force. Another said he did it in spurts, to save energy. I just did it in one massive gust, then coasted, then did it again. We all talked and joked and our weapons did that same. All the ships were about equal with each other, although there was a silent competition to see who could out inch the others. It was all meant to relax us, get us ready for the upcoming hardships=
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:52 am

Spoiler:

The storm drew nearer. It was a huge colossus of a thing to behold. It's clouds were dark and ominous. Lightning could be seen, flashing through the clouds of the beast. The wind picked up, and waves grew higher and more fierce. We were sailing into the storm. Directly into it. None of the sailors were perturbed by the decision to go straight into it. The closer we came, the more obvious it was the danger the storm posed to ships. The waves crashed over the sides of the boat, soaking me with freezing ocean water. Then rain began to fall with a cold wind bringing it down slanted into my face and eyes.

It was some time before they untied me from the mast and brought me below decks, I didn't complain, and they put me in a cell. A right and proper cell. It became obvious to me that this was a smuggler ship, for the fact that I saw goods of many natures around me that the Romanii would never sell to Irth or the humans or those half-and-halfs. Most of the goods were packed away, in tightly concealed containers of a make I did not recognize.

The men who took me down to the cell almost went up out to the deck above, but stopped and came back to the cell. He took the shackles from the wall and then shackled me. I was now chained in the hold. My clothes were still wet and my body still cold, and the rocking of the boat was beginning to irritate me. I wasn't as drunk as I was when I woke up. Or rather, poisoned. It took me a while to realize that i was suffering from poison and not the after-effects of the Sangria. I had been poisoned. Someone must be out to get me.

I pulled against the shackles, trying to pry them from the wall. I was a big guy for my age, bigger than most warriors, and I was a healer. Professionally speaking it's a good thing I became a healer and not a warrior. My natural skills were in restoration and alteration, I did poorly in most of the other fields when they tested me, so I picked a profession that required proficiency in the fields I was good at. Thus I became a healer. I wasn't one of the biggest healers, in terms of muscle, but I was in this generation. Water and Virden, The two best magical talents that a healer could have, and I had both. I scoffed when I thought about that.

I smiled. I was cold and wet and surrounded by wood. The sexual thoughts coming to mind were quite terribly abundant. Perhaps they should have thought about what I was capable of, what magic I had. I was soaking wet, so using some swift watery magic, I slipped out of my shackles. It was tricky work, but I slipped my hands out without harming them. Which reminded me, where was Obscura Umbra? My one true friend and companion, missing. I hope he didn't get into trouble. Or get thrown into the ocean. I don't know if I could survive the wild without him. Hopefully they put him somewhere.

I squeezed through the bars that were my cell, which was a feat, and I had to bend them a little, which was even more difficult, and stepped out onto the lower deck. I was free, but not really. I looked around to see if anything could be used as a weapon. Everything was either food or couldn't possibly be used as a weapon. I was unarmed. Well, at least that was how I was trained, for the most part. In terms of combat. I moved toward the hatch, the only way up that I saw. I thought about my options and opened the hatch. Which I almost immediately regretted.

I only saw the bottom of the boot as he kicked me in the face. I fell backwards down the stairs and landed on my back, laying spread-eagle. That was the last thing I saw for a long time, since they put a bag over my head, and shackled my wrists, ankles, and abdominal area. I was basically strung up against the wall. These guys weren't your average run of the mill smugglers, they were professionals.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 pm

=We could see a storm up ahead, but we knew what to do for that. A search went out on each ship, find a few Wind and Water users. I was still on sail duty, but I could see a few more soldiers get up onto the deck, ready. There were several duties when on a war ship, Sail duty, Storm duty, and Combat duty. Sail duty and Combat duty were obvious, but Storm duty might need a bit explanation. Basically, whenever a storm appears, either by natural causes or by magical means, a few on each ship were conscripted to part the storm for that ship. So, if there was only one ship, that ship would need to have some wind and water users who could part the storm for that one ship, but if there were multiple ships, then they would only need to worry about their own ship. See what I'm getting at? Now, smugglers have a tendency to not part storms, so they aren't discovered as easily. While it made their job a lot harder, it also made it that much harder on patrols to find them, as they could sail right into port under the cover of a particularly nasty storm, or just use it to get around the patrols. We got close, and they started to work. The sea calmed down in front of our ship, and the clouds parted. On either side of us, it was still as rough as ever, but only directly next to us and in front/behind us, was it calm. It was a very interesting sight. I looked over between gusts of wind, and saw the other ships doing the same=

Last edited by Garth on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:44 pm

=Eventually they arrived on Irth. The thousands of identical-looking soldiers unloaded onto the human lands, and begin looking around. The officers quickly get the soldiers into their groups, and the march began. The sound of their rhythmic footsteps could be heard for quite a way. They passed through a small village, where they encountered many humans celebrating their coming. Daemonil loyalists. One man ran at them with a knife, screaming in the Romanii language. What he met was a wall of spears, swords, and shields. They carried on their way without a word=
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:42 pm

Spoiler:

The finality of my situation hit me. I looked around the rocking ship and thought to myself: Why? I had seen a painting of me, with knives sticking out of it. All of them were in my heart, or my face. The smugglers had picked me up, but someone wanted me dead. I cried. An immense sorrow overwhelmed me. Tears fell down my cheeks and onto the wooden planks of the ship. The finality of death taking me was something I had not thought about. Nor was it something I wanted to think about. The thought of my life ending made me cry.
[A few days have passed]
I must have passed out for when I awoke there was shuffling above me. I could hear the rudder move, as the the wheel on the poop-deck was moved. The storm still ravaged the sea around us. Yet none of the sailors said a word. No one was yelling commands. It was like I was on a ghost ship. The whole journey spanned a few days. I was never fed nor given water. Which is good, I didn't have to go to the bathroom for three days. I don't remember the second two days after the first, they poisoned me and kept me unconscious so I wouldn't cause trouble.

Last edited by Nic on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:09 pm

=we could see a ship up ahead, or at least, I could. I pointed it out to the others. They relayed it to the other ships with various signals of light. Eventually, it was decided that we were to go check on them. We couldn't take the ship with us, not without having to extend the bubbles around it, which was not something we could do, but we could take anyone on those ships into custody, at least until we hit the mainland. The ships all turned, some more slowly than others to help those on Storm duty adjust, and quickly pulled up next to them. Because of what we were going to do, we called off those on Storm duty. Instantly, the storm surged around us, pelting us with rain and rocking our ship back and forth. Instead, their efforts were diverted to bringing the ship as close as possible to us. I could see people all over it, running back and forth. I couldn't tell what they were doing, not yet, but I knew they probably wouldn't be very welcoming. I put a hand up to shield my eyes from the rain, and used my other hand to push the sail, thus pushing our ship as close as possible=

Last edited by Garth on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 pm

=The Daemonil army marched on through the great plains, often staring into the endless fields of green. It was a drastic change from the forests and mountains and hill which most of the Revaer grew up with. Xazhi kept his eyes front. He loved the helmet. It was strong as any metal helm, but was light and comfortable, as well as easy to see out of. He mostly loved the look though. The thought of wearing the skull of a wild Banshee as a helmet amused him. The soldiers stopped and began to set up a camp. Thousands of tents were erected in less than a few hours. They were all pretty much identical. Some had family or personal symbols painted on them, others were left blank. The trail of cone-shaped animal hide tents went on for miles=
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:48 pm

=I woke up to the sound of... A drum? A drum? Seriously, a drum?! I tilted my head around to see if there was anybody else in the room. There wasn't. I stood up... I was still in the same clothes from about a week ago... I headed out the door, and towards the sound of the drum. And, I reached the training room. And... The 'drum' was just a... Not so working attempt at a Fire spell. It made a lot of noise. So, if the noise was coming from here, where was everyone else? I made my way towards the entrance. It was a small training house. The noise wasn't actually that loud. I just sleep just more than a few metres away from the training room. I found the exit, and stepped outside. Even after years, that first sun shine was always bright. It was just through the tree's. I looked around, and saw the usuall. But no trainees, or trainers. I shut the door behind me, and carried on walking.=
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:25 am

Spoiler:

[wow]Fucking Xaz and his hypocrisy. You know that really irks me how you let that slide even after you admintted that it would take much stronger wind users to do it. Especially since Garth said he would edit it. Mad [/wow]

While I had slept in my poisoned snooze. A ship, Romanii military by what the smugglers later described to me, had sailed on by us. The Ships crew made no aggressive moves, they continued on there duties. I later learned that, in war-times, you don't use wind magic to help the ship on the ocean, because it can give away your position to the enemy. The men and women aboard the ship looked upon the approaching ship much like they did me, without interest. They went about their duties as was the norm. Even when the storms strong winds knocked the ship about, or when buckets upon buckets of water came over the edge from the monstrous waves.

Lightning flashed and thunder boomed, not a soul [aboard the ship] was set out of tomb. [Meaning their silence was unbroken]
The sailors went to and fro, about their oceanic flow.
Each man and woman did fret not, the ships crew as tight as a knot.
Each blow of the monstrous waves, rocked the ship like a necromancer graves.

Waves hit the sides of the ship making it toss and turn. A strong wave knocked it into the adjacent ship, causing quite a ruckus and knocking several people off there feet, not the the sailors a that captured me however, they were far too experienced sailors to be caught off guard by the oceans moods and sways. They were Sailors of Pisces, the ocean could not turn nor topple them. They had predicted the waves impact and had braced themselves.

I didn't much mind. I was tied to a bed, so that I wouldn't fall off, and in a poisoned slumber. I wasn't minding much of anything. I was dreaming country sweet dreams. You couldn't beat that, not in my book anyway.

The Captain of the ship, a beautiful women in her late twenties early thirties, had apparently taken care of my unconscious body. Now, the latent meaning behind that was lost to me, but I didn't mind, wasn't like I could do anything about it.

Now, it's a funny thing, perception, you might see people running back and forth, when in reality they were just walking around doing there duties, as normal, and as befits a stormy situation. The men and women prepared themselves for the worst of the gale that had yet to the come. Any sailor taught by a Master, or Expert, Stormcaster knew that the brunt of the storm was nearest the land, and that's where the danger lie. Many a shipwreck happened when novice sailors got caught in the storm, they got bashed against the shore, or a rebuff.

I know some people don't know who the Stormcasters are, but despite what that name may imply, the Stormcasters are a family. Gaius Leviticus Stormcaster was the patron of the family, a master sailor, the man knew how to sail through any storm, and made a fortune doing it. Now the man has several kids, and grand kids. It was a blessing if you could get an audience with Leviticus Stormcaster, the man was mighty quiet, and mighty mean when things got gruff. Having him teaching you how to sail is worse than joining the Romanii army, man worked you day and night, you had very little sleep and even less food. He taught you how to survive the open ocean. Not many survived his training.

Well, Stormcasters children were not right rotten brats like you'd think, the man being rich and all, they were a hard bunch, he'd teach them the ropes of the sailing world, and kicked them out as soon as he finished teaching them. If they didn't want to be sailors, they got kicked from his house. No questions asked. The way he saw it, they were land lovers, and not a real part of the family. He only ever liked the ones that became seafarers. His wife, on the other hand, was a different sort.

Abelia Raeven Stormcaster was one hell of a woman back in her day. She was one hell of a gypsy. Rumour had it she had enchanted men to be her lover for a night when they came passing by the gypsy camp. She knew how to give men the illusion of peace, she had been practicing illusion spells for the entirety of her life. By the time she was a young maiden, her early twenties, she had slept with many a man. However, if any man ever snapped out of the illusion, he was drowned. Which is how she met Leviticus Stormcaster, a man who was fresh to the world, but a veteran sailor.

No one knows who taught Leviticus, or how he came to know all that he does today, but whoever taught him, taught him fast. By the time he was twenty-five, he was a hard man. But When he laid eyes on Abelia drowning a man she had tried to seduce, he fell in love. Or, so Rumour has it. Once his ship came ashore and docked, he went hunting for her with desire in his heart and love in his head. He didn't stumble into the Gypsy camp like so many other man had, he walked in with intent. Which alarmed the gypsies, a man with intent is a hard man to steal from, or bargain with. They all steered clear of him.

He walked right up to her tent, or bungalow, whatever gypsies live in, and asked for her. Not by name, by appearance and description. Abelia's mother had answered his call, and looked over him frugally. Abelia was in line to become the Matron of the Gypsy camp, so her mother didn't want just any man waltzing in and asking for her. He was denied the first time to see her, and the camp threw him out. He came back twenty years later and married her. That was all that rumour held, much detail after that was lost or forgotten, or paid off.

It's still said that Abelia goes back to that camp a few times a year, and speaks with the now-matron of the camp. Whatever goes on then, is unknown to rumour, but I'll tell you this, don't go waltzing around that area, it's not safe, if you're a man.

But now, that ties into what I'm about to reveal: The captain of the ship was Amelia Levitica Stormcaster. Granddaughter of the man himself and not someone to mess with. Not like I knew, I should have probably paid more attention to the women I slept with, which was my first mistake. My second mistake, was sleeping with her sister and his second favorite granddaughter, Bellatrix, who was my own age. I probably should not have left without saying goodbye either, but I did, and that was my third mistakes. I'm sure I had many others, but I wouldn't learn of them until I met with the one who wanted me. Which I also learned was not Stormcaster, as I had thought.

Last edited by Nic on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:14 am

=we managed to board the ship, albeit haphazardly due to the waves and such. We apparently sent those not accustomed to the ocean on the boarding mission. However, I was told to stay on the higher up deck, as I was still on Sail duty. I didn't know exactly what went on, since I was still up on the Sailing deck, but I do know that we didn't bring anyone on board into custody. A few of the soldiers went down into the lower sections of the ship, to keep everyone else on the deck while they searched. I saw a few rude gestures sent our way, due to the search, and I was half-tempted to knock them off their feet with a small burst of wind magic, but I was a soldier, trained not to waste time, unless on leave. So, like I had stated, we didn't find anything, or anyone. It is entirely possible that they were smuggling things or people away to Irth, but we didn't find anything. The only place they didn't search was the captain's quarters, which we aren't allowed to do, unless the captain of the ship says we can. Well, she didn't, so we couldn't, so we continued on our way, and I continued to push the sail of the ship as Storm duty was put back on. The rain and wave water flowed off the deck rather quickly, but I wasn't paying much attention to that. I continued to push the sail with my wind magic, alternating with the other three soldiers so as to keep up my strength. Not too long afterwards I was taken off Sail duty and allowed to go into the lower area of the ship for some food. I climbed down, after the first soldier and gone down and his replacement had climbed up, and went over to the entrance to the lower deck. I walked into the galley, grabbed a slice of food, and then went off to my room to sleep. Say what you will about boat rides, there isn't much to do. I dreamed about my girlfriend in a sense on the mainland, in the city we were going to land on. The thought of seeing her again cheered me up immensely as I fell asleep=

Last edited by Garth on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:12 pm

=I carried on searching... Through and through the forest. Then, I pondered to myself. I was probably doing the most boring thing in the world right about now. For all I knew, someone out there could be doing something... Less boring. Like maybe fighting Romanii... Or... I dunno... Being captured as a slave. Even though that wasn't really any fun. But anything was better than this. I carried on walking... And after a while... I had made no progress. I guess... I decided I may as well head back, and practice my Alchemy... Get better at it. Make some fancy potions or whatever. That sounded better.

I arrived back at my training halls, and then headed to the Alchemy Lab (Or... It was a room with Alchemy equipment in). I entered, and it was empty. That meant I could use all the equipment. I sat down, and began to simple stage of using a Mortar and Pestle. It was pretty simple stuff. That was used to crush down ingredients, and mix the 'dust' together. I then poured the 'dust' into the a empty potion glass. I then added some liquid, and heated. That gave me a... Ecolage Voncunum. A wound cleaner. It didn't require any magic to make, and with that, wasn't that great of a wound cleaner.=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Jisr had been wondering through the forest, as any as his kind would. Trying to find something to eat, he had come across a boar. He was now hunting it. Picking up fruits as he goes by. He had been hunting for half an hour when he came across a building, thinking if he should or not. He sat there,and figured "ahh what the hell". He begins to open the doors.

Last edited by Fenix on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:46 pm

=a few days of sailing later, most of which I was either asleep or chatting with other soldiers or polishing Arma Lux (who had to make a sexual joke in there for me to laugh at), we arrived in the city on the coast. It was very Romanii friendly, obviously, so it wasn't hard to find places to set up for the day before we marched off, or places to eat or things to do. The ships pulled into port and unloaded everyone. It wasn't a short task, not by any means necessary. When you unload five ships filled to the brim with hundreds of soldiers, it takes quite a long time. I was about halfway between the last ones off, and the first ones, so I was kinda lost in a sea of faces and armor. While it was intended that we be orderly and precise, it's hard to do that when you've been a week plus on the water with nothing to do but talk and eat and sleep. People needed to walk around and see new things. While all the formation leaders knew this, they wouldn't do anything to reprimand us, mostly because they didn't want to seem hypocritical in front of everyone. By the time I managed to get free of the horde, it was fairly late in the day. Now, while it wasn't dark yet, it was still about that time. I wandered off to my usual eating place and walked in the door. That's where I saw my girlfriend, her back to the door. I took off my helmet and made a shushing motion towards the greeter, who knew me by face and name. He nodded and smiled. I called up my light magic to illuminate her necklace, a small blue gem stone I bought for her several visits ago, when I was on leave. As I had it illuminated, I slowly walked up behind her and gave her a big hug=

Hey there, gorgeous.

=she put her arms around me and gave me a big kiss, which I happily returned. The embrace was a bit awkward, due to me being in my armor, but it was still a good thing, great thing, to hold her again and kiss her. She called that she was going on break and walked with me outside, where she kissed me harder and hugged me tighter=

"I missed you, Arrun."

And I you. I all but counted the days that went by.

"I was counting the hours, love."

=I chuckled=

There must be a lot of hours stored up in that pretty little head of yours, then.

"Indeed there are."

=she smiled at me kissed me again. I held the kiss and all thought fell away as I breathed in her scent again and felt her lips against mine. I was in the heaven inside heaven=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Name TBA   Chapter 1: Name TBA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Name TBA
Page 1 of 36Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next