Light and Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Dark

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Just gonna leave this here
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:38 pm by FallenSanity

» 2K15 REVIVAL
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm by Nick

» Branra'rin'moloo, core name Tariny
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm by FallenSanity

» Chapter 1 - Da Boyz undah seegj
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 am by Janitor

» Testing Polls
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 am by Nick

» SWRP-III Chapt. 1
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am by Saarthal

»  Magic in TES (WIP)
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 am by Nick

» ESRP Chapter One
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 pm by Nick

» Character Thread
ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am by Nick

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posting users this month
No user
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

ESRP Chapter One

Go down 
+7
Fel
zeru
Umbreon
Nick
Rejha
Skippy
Xazhi
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:34 pm

The year is 4E 314. If you havent already, go read the Lore and Discussion topics, and post your character to the Characters thread.
Back to top Go down
https://lightanddark.rpg-board.net
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:40 pm

I sat in the dark, giving my legs a short rub to keep them awake. This was proving to be an arduous contract. No matter, it was my own fault for coming into the crawlspace so early. I could see through a thin gap the fireplace, still not lit yet, and the chair in which my target would sit. From here it was as simple as pouring two drops of poison through the gap and down into the wine which was placed below me.
Back to top Go down
Rejha

Rejha

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Cocius trained on one of the dummies set up in the training grounds behind the main Companions building. He struck the figure over and over with his axes, unfaltering. It's been three years since he first joined the ranks of the companions, and his skills in combat were ever-improving.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:54 pm

=The high northern wind was cold and frosty, but it did not seem to affect Aije much, for he had spent his entire life in Winterhold, and endured many icy winters. Now, it was spring, and he was beginning his monthly trek up the mountain south of his hometown carrying a large sack of fruit, wine, and meats. He came to the frozen stone steps and looked up at the giant statue of the Daedric lady Azura as he had done so many times before. He walked up the stairs, being careful not the slip, untill he came to the upper platform which housed the shrine-table and a small encampment off the right. There was an old woman at the altar garbed in faded blue robes with the hood up. Aije stepped near to her=

Aije- Good morning, greatmother.

=The woman turned and looked at him with deep blackish-red eyes. She was a Dunmer, and just as old as she looked, nearly a century and a half. Her wrinkled gray face smiled warmly at the sight of the young Altmer mage=

Dun- Greetings, my boy. How are you?

Aije- I am well. I brought you some things from Winterhold.

=He set the bag down on the stone table=

Dun- Oh, you didnt have to.

Aije- You know I did. I cant let you sit up here in the cold with nothing but carrots and cabbage, can I? Would you like to have a glass of wine with me before I leave?

=She smiled and nodded to him. He reached into the bag and retrieved two glasses and a bottle of wine. He filled the two glasses and handed one to her. They both went over to the small camp and sat beside the fire, drinking, conversing, and watching the morning sun come up. After an hour or so, it was time for him to leave. His journey to Riverwood would be a long one, and the nighttime road is a dangerous one to travel. He set off down the mountain again, this time heading south=
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:10 am

Bjorn came walking into the room and lit the fire. Shortly after him followed by target, an old Altmer. He sat down in the chair and Bjorn performed his wine tasting, to check for poison. As soon as he replaced it, i tipped two drops out of the gap and they fell with naught but a small plop, inaudible over the crackle of the fire.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:33 am

The sound of mining echoed throughout the cave.

*Chink* *Chink* *Chink*

I was working in the mine today. It was good, honest work. The mine and the wood-mill was my life. I've worked for Sven Ironhand for many years, and I've been apprenticed to his brother, Froki, the blacksmith, for the past few. The Nord brothers are growing old though, soon, their sons will take over the business they've made.

I worked the mine some more. I had become adept at reading the stone, trying to get the most yield from each vein. Being able to tell where to hit to get the most yield is important. The more you get, the more you get when you smelt it. I filled a cart with ore, and pulled it up to the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:46 am

=At the base of the mountain he met up with his two Flame Atronach Thralls whom he had commanded to go on without him while he stopped at the shrine. Once they were back together again, they quickly found the road, and continued south towards Riverwood. They walked for many hours, taking few breaks. Once they were about half-way to their destination, the sun was beginning to set. This made Aije nervous, not because he thought he couldnt handle to usual bandits or highwaymen, but because of a rumor he had overheard at the tavern in Winterhold, that someone had put out a contract for his life to the Dark Brotherhood. He knew that the Brotherhood assassins were very well trained, very skilled, and very deadly. He had to keep his wits about him if he were to survive this journey=
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:54 am

I climb stealthy out of the crawlspace. My legs were still stiff and i knew i needed to get out before the Altmer died. The Crawlspace was no secret and if i stayed there, i'd surely be found. I crept down tw flights of stairs and into the basement, through there i could clamber out of the trapdoor at the back of the cottage. Once out, i stretched in the setting sun. I felt stiff everywhere and as i slowly walked, i pulled my hood back up and rubbed the back of my neck. A grimace set in my face. I really needed to stop that one. I began heading up the road, away from Riverwood.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:17 am

As the sun set, so did the work day. I was at one of Sven's many mines. The Ironhands had many mines throughout Skyrim. I've worked in all of them. I grew up working in the one by Froki's smithy. I was due back there to continue learning how smith in a fortnight.

I set the ore in the smelter.

*Vvrroomf*

air was pushed in to the smelter to arouse the flames.

After some time, I had smelted twenty-two (22) iron bars. I put all of them into a sack and carried them to the Miners Barracks, to keep them out of the cold. Rusted iron is bad iron.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 am

=He continued on down the road with his two Atronach Thralls, their flame making a dim yet far-reaching light (totally opposite to what real flames do) in all directions, which he knew would be both a blessing and a curse. It would serve him so that he could see ahead and around if anyone were to come near, but it also meant that they could see him. But, he did have one advantage, the thralls would defend him, and he was skilled enough in Magic to fend off any number of bandits. Now it was only the Dark Brotherhood and their assassins that worried him=
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:44 am

I sit down by the side of the road on an felled tree. I take my hood completely off and examine it. It has been many years since i was part of the Dark Brotherhood. I think to how they are doing now. I had heard rumors that they had been more active recently, but it was not my business to pry. As i sat there, a dim light appeared around one of the corners up ahead of the path. I slip my hood back on and continue to sit there.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:49 am

I worked in silence. Putting the iron bars in a chest, that would be delivered to the forge to be made into weapons. The chest was heavy. In the morn I would have to put it in the wagon. I set the chest on the ground, near the door, and retired to my bed. It had been a long day of mining for me.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:50 am

=The altmer wizard and his two thralls continued down the road. He could vaguely make out a humanoid shape in the distance by a fallen tree, but he payed it no mind. Though, he did keep his guard up. He began to sing to himself as he went on=

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:54 am

Still round the corner there may wait
A new road or a secret gate,
And though we pass them by today,
Tomorrow we may come this way
And take the hidden paths that run
Towards the Moon or to the Sun.

I add the verse to the song that reaches my ears and stand up to greet the walker. The bodyguards were unusual company but did not bother me.

'Tis a lonely night for a walk.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 am

=He shivered a bit at the new voice before he saw the Dunmer=

Indeed it is. But I have an appointment to keep.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:59 am

An appointment with death mayhaps, since you carry such company with you.

I stand in the middle of the path now. My eyes could make out the shape of his face. It was who i had assumed. I had heard a rumor in Riften, not more than three days ago about the Brotherhood and their next target. Using some "interrogation" i had managed to find out a few more details.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:01 am

=He became serious=

You should be on your way, Drow.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:05 am

And you should listen more carefully.

At this i draw my bow and notch an arrow to the string. I hold it relaxed, pointing downwards and lower my voice.

The first arrow will hit your lung. The second will kill you.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:07 am

=His hands glow with the sparks of Lightning, and his thralls ready themselves to strike=

The first bolt will paralyze your body. The second will reduce you to ash.
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:10 am

If someone had hired me to kill you, I wouldn't do so out here nor would i waste two arrows.

I grimace

They will fire when this conversation stops.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:22 am

=He smirked a little=

Then perhaps you should watch where you step.

=He looked at the ground around the Dunmer. Two Lightning runes opposite eachother. One false step would set one off, and likely trip the victim into the other. Unfortunately for the Dunmer, they are only visible to the Caster. However, they also only harm those that are definite foes, and the caster has little to no control over this, with the obvious exception of attacking first, which he always tried to avoid whenever possible. He readied himself for a fight, knowing that if this were a true Dark Brotherhood assassin, she would likely have at least a few tricks up her sleeve which he could not prepare for=
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:26 am

I give a long sigh, This contract was turning out to be too much effort. The gold was nice but if i had known he would be this thick i'd have refused.

I don't normally do Bodyguard contracts, but someone paid me a lot of money to keep you alive. And well. I have a reputation to keep up. So if not for the sake of your life, then for the sake of my reputation. Duck.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:28 am

=He was about to say something when he heard the Dunmer finish off her sentance. He ducked and swiveled, ready to cast Lightning Bolt with both hands=
Back to top Go down
Skippy

Skippy

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:30 am

I raise my bow as soon as he moves, drawing back the string tight and loosing the arrow. It flies into the darkness and i hear the sound of a few tree branches snapping. I give a loud tut.

Mages. You never hear us coming.

I walk over to retrieve my arrow and check the corpse.
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:38 am

No more or less so than any other. But an assassin does have one weakness, same as any other creature. And a Mage knows just how to exploit it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESRP Chapter One Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESRP Chapter One   ESRP Chapter One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESRP Chapter One
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next