Light and Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Dark

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Just gonna leave this here
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:38 pm by FallenSanity

» 2K15 REVIVAL
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm by Nick

» Branra'rin'moloo, core name Tariny
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm by FallenSanity

» Chapter 1 - Da Boyz undah seegj
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 am by Janitor

» Testing Polls
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 am by Nick

» SWRP-III Chapt. 1
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am by Saarthal

»  Magic in TES (WIP)
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 am by Nick

» ESRP Chapter One
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 pm by Nick

» Character Thread
THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am by Nick

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posting users this month
No user
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

THE LEGEND

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:42 pm

This is a short tale i wrote a while back, during the first L&D Fantasy. I edited a few bits, but this is it. Its not the plan for this RP, its like an alternate-reality thing i wrote.

Unless you guys actually want to go with this, which would be fucking epic.

The Thousand Year War

By Xazhi Narok

The Backstory-

In a time long past, there was peace in the world. The seven races lived together in harmony, and all was right. But then, over 1000 years ago, something happened. No one who lives today knows what exactly it was, but it is known that it was what started the great World War. The Angelic races of the Romanii and the now-extinct Romilus, and the Demonic races of the Revaer, the Sek'ishk, and the Cubi declared war against eachother, and thus began the Angel / Demon war. The Humans stayed out of the conflict at first, but when the first blood of the war was shed on Irthan ground, the Humans took action. Men of all over Irth joined the military, either to fight alongside the Demons, the Angels, or to fight them both off and have peace on the continent once more. The Rohgedyn, a race of Angel-Demon hybrid creatures, were actively hunted down by all races, and driven into the heart of Deepwood, where they remain to this day. The blood of billions paints picture of the World War, and there are those who believe it will take billions more untill it is over. That remains to be seen...

The story-

There had been a battle on the plains of Irth between Daemonil and Romanii forces. It was a slaughterhouse. Only four survived the battle, a young Revaer and his Sek’ishk brother, and two Romanii. They each looked around at the countless bodies that lay before them, and thought about why they died. To fight a war that had lasted a thousand years, and that no one who still lives remembers the cause of. When the four met, they almost killed eachother, but we now thank the gods that they did not. They made a temporary peace with eachother untill they could find and return to their respective people. After a month of searching, they became good friends. They dreamed about ending the war, and finally they decided to take action. They traveled into Deepwood, thinking that if any would want to see the race war ended, it would be the Rohgedyn, a much hated race that was born of a half-breed between Revaer and Romanii long before the great war. It was there that they met a Rohgedyn warrior, who was quick to join them. He convinced twenty of his clanmates to rally to this new cause, and thus the Alliance of Hearts was formed. They traveled north-east to the Irthan Dunes, sailed South to Sandira, West to the Southwestern Isles of Krevala, all the way picking up allies of all races. Over the course of two years, their army grew both in strength and number. One day, the five leaders of the Hearts heard of an upcoming attack on the Irthan capital city of Voutanrest. Voutanrest was a massive city, the largest in all the known world. It was a great circle, with solid stone walls many yards thick surrounding the whole thing. The attack was to be a battle between the Daemonil and the Romanii forces, each attempting to take the city for their own. Both sides were bringing an army of unimaginable terror, a million and a half strong each. The five were quick to Voutanrest to warn the human king of the imminant doom. Although there were many humans who sided with either the Daemonil or Romanii in the war, Voutanrest remained neutral through all this time, standing as a beacon of hope for a peace that was seeming more and more like nothing more than a child’s fantasy. The king agreed that they must act quickly to stop the attack, but it was too late. Both armies had already mobilized and would be at the gates of Voutanrest in less than a week. The six of them together devised a plan. The Army of Hearts was moved in and positioned all around the city wall. There were only four entrances to the city, not including the option of trying to go over the hundred-foot tall wall of solid stone. They were four gates, twenty feet wide, and thirty feet tall, that went all the way through the wall. They were at the exact north, south, east, and west points of the wall. When the invaders arrived on the city’s doorstep, they were ready. Both sides began firing massive mortars of magic into the city, but they were stopped by the five’s master plan. They went to the top of the royal Citadel, which was the highest point in the city, and was in the direct center, and used all of their strength to cast a huge bubble shield over the entire city that would protect it from any magic or projectile, however soldiers could still get through, so it was the army’s job to defend it from the outside. At first, it was going well, but then things took a turn for the worse. Soldiers of the Hearts were slowly losing ground, and were eventually forced into the tunnel-gates of the city in a desperate attempt to outlast the invaders. The battle raged, day and night, for three weeks straight with no signs of stopping. The entire time, the five kept up the shield. People of the city brought them food and water, doing whatever they could to help them. On the night of the Fourth day of the Third week, all seemed lost. Untill, the very next morning at the break of dawn, war horns of unknown origin sounded off. The city of Voutanrest was surrounded by miles of fields in either direction, and beyond that was forests. The fighting stopped, and all eyes turned to the woods to see what had caused the noise. Then, countless men and women of all races, bearing the symbol of the Army of Hearts came pouring out of the forests. Word had spread of their efforts over the two years, and even over the weeks there was news of their heroism in the battle for Voutanrest. The new army had rallied together in large segments without any knowledge of eachother, and without the knowledge of the five, or any of the Hearts. But, when they came together as one people, they were unstoppable. The Romanii were brought down to less than a thousand men, and surrendered. They were all sent home except the three top officers, who were taken to the Citadel. The Daemonil fought down to less than thirty soldiers, and they too surrendered. Again, they were all sent home but the three top officers, who were taken to the Citadel. It was there that they signed a treaty on the Citadel balcony, before the entire city and the army outside, ending the thousand year war. The king personally brought the news to the five, who had still kept the shield up. After over three and a half weeks of keeping the bubble over the entire city, they collapsed with exhaustion, and died on the spot. The king brought the news back down to the balcony, and the city mourned the loss of their great heroes. Just then, a massive hole opened in the clouds, and a bright light came through. Four gallion ships came flying down, and the people gazed in awe. The skips circled the city, flying low and casting beams of bright white magic. The wounds of the fallen soldiers were mended, and they began to rise with new life. All those who had fallen were resurrected by the mysterious sky people. The ships flew up high and circled the top of the citadel, where five of them disembarked to meet the dead heroes. Using their mighty Life magic, the heroes were brought back to life. They asked how this could be. Life and Death magic were thought to be only myth, as were the mysterious sky people. They explained that there were Skypians, a race of god-like beings, and the wielders of the power of Life and Death. They lived in a city three times the size of Voutanrest that floated high above the clouds, out of sight from all beings. They took the heroes aboard their ships, and flew back into the sky, never to be seen again. It is rumored that the Heroes of Hearts lived for the rest of time as Gods along with the Skypians, and that they now watch over us all. What really happened up there above the clouds, nobody knows....

The End

Back to top Go down
https://lightanddark.rpg-board.net
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:44 am

(TF2 demoman voice)

LET'S DO IT!

No, seriously, I could go along with it. It sounds awesome, assuming Tar and Rejha get into it as well.
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 am

Sounds EpicSauceBeans.

I'd go along with it, sure. Just... If there's no war, what would be happening in it?
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Legion wrote:
Sounds EpicSauceBeans.

I'd go along with it, sure. Just... If there's no war, what would be happening in it?

Wut?
Back to top Go down
Moose

Moose

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 pm

It said that the Armies were forced to sign a treaty... Which I'm guessing was a peace treaty, which then ended the 1000 year war?
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Xazhi wrote:
Legion wrote:
Sounds EpicSauceBeans.

Wut?

I think what's he's trying to say is, what would happen once this was done?
Back to top Go down
Xazhi
Admin
Xazhi

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Fuckin.... Legend of the Skypians? That sounds cool. Whatever you guys are up for.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE LEGEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LEGEND   THE LEGEND I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LEGEND
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Light and Dark :: Fantasy RP-
Jump to: