Light and Dark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light and Dark

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Just gonna leave this here
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:38 pm by FallenSanity

» 2K15 REVIVAL
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm by Nick

» Branra'rin'moloo, core name Tariny
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 pm by FallenSanity

» Chapter 1 - Da Boyz undah seegj
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 am by Janitor

» Testing Polls
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:11 am by Nick

» SWRP-III Chapt. 1
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am by Saarthal

»  Magic in TES (WIP)
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 am by Nick

» ESRP Chapter One
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:44 pm by Nick

» Character Thread
Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am by Nick

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posting users this month
No user
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 pm

Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Fel

Fel

Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 pm

I reach the gate. The only guard takes a look at me then he looks relieved.
"Sorry pal. I'm going up top."
He loses his look as I climb a ladder which lets me up on the wall. Then I make my way across the wall and finding the weak point.
I can feel the wall move very slightly because of it's years of decay. This proves its a weak spot to both Malice and me.
"Good to know I'll be standing up here..."

A couple hours go by, nothing happens. Not unless the sun moving across the sky and my breathing counts.
No movement other then some people coming in the city on trading business. It's a very quiet couple hours. But now it's dusk.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 pm

=nothing happened much, other than some people wandering in and out. Once or twice some drunken idiot kept stumbling into me, giggling and laughing to himself. Each time I just pushed him away as I waited for something to happen. I got bored, lazy. I wanted this shift to end. I did notice a torch being waved from inside the town, just from inside the gate, actually. Like, a few feet, from behind a building. I got up from my newly acquired sitting area and looked at it, curious=
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:27 pm

I watched as night soon covered the land. Then, from no where, an arrow strikes me in the chest.
It bounces off my armour thankfully but it had pushed me back some. I look around for the attacker only finding another arrow zooming by. I spin around and dash for the ladder, knowing that I'd only get killed if I keep looking. As I ran I hoped whoever that was isn't good with a bow. At least not good enough to hit a moving target's head.

As I near the ladder, another arrow hits me. This time in my arm. The force pushes me over the railing.
I shot my arms out to grab something... then catch the ladder. My body swings over to the ladder and my feet catch on.
I finish climbing down the ladder and start yelling.

"The attack has begun! The attack has begun!"
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:18 pm

=i looked up to Jisr then drew Meris, and went back into the shadows, waiting. Nothing happened near me, but some arrows were being shot into the town. As I waited, that drunk idiot stumbled up again and tried to run into me. Although this time he had a blade in his hand. I quickly moved aside and slit his throat. Almost immediately after, some arrows started being fired at me. I ducked back into the gate and started calling out=

INCOMING! INCOMING! THE ENEMY IS HERE!
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:30 am

I hear foot steps running in the distance, then I look to where the guard had been. Nothing there, he's gone off to get the others.
Leaving us to fend off the atatck until they're back. Whoever 'us' is anyway. I turn to the the other soldier, only one left.
"We need to hold these guys off until reinforcements arrive. Got that?"
Revaer - Don't go telling me what to do, Sek'ishk.

I watched him get out his axe and take cover from arrows. He's hiding behind the gate's left wall. I narrowly avoid the arrows myself with a quick sidestep to the right. I wait until the attackers try to come closer.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:44 am

=i call up to the wall=
JISR! CAN YOU SEE THEM? WHERE ARE THEY?

=the arrows poured on heavier, almost making a solid rainfall. They hit the stone and made a click noise, before falling into the dirt and laying discarded. I didn't bother swinging Meris at all, no point in this arrow storm=
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:06 am

I overhear some yelling a little ways away from me. Probably men telling other men to get out of the shower of arrows.
"They're pouring down support fire so their troops can advance! They're going to try to take the gate when they're close enough!"
Revaer - No shit!
"Just be prepared for when they do try to take the gate!"

Clearly this soldier and I won't be able to hold the gate. But what choice do we have?

Suggesting from the amount of arrows between the reloading period, I guess there's around ninety archers. Maybe a hundred.
How much longer until they're outta arrows?
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:33 am

=no response. Either my face plate is in the way, or the arrows are making too much noise, or he just couldn't hear me anyway. As I watched from my cover behind the gate wall, I could see some soldiers coming towards us. I readied up my magic, and held it ready. I could feel it, like it was a bad flu, putting pressure on my entire head and mind. It wasn't tiring, just distracting, but I managed to hold it. I looked around for some water to throw, to maybe freeze it in place to trip up the enemy, I'm not sure=
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 am

"What are your magic abilities?!"
I really have to yell to get over the sound of arrows crashing.
Revaer - Fire and Lightning! Light too! Why?!
"We're gonna need 'em!"

More arrows fell as the enemy troops neared. The stop of arrow rain only lasts for a moment before returning.
We can use the slight pause to our advantage. To see where they are and escape if necessary.
The pause happens and I look past the iron gate. They're in near the back. And those soldiers are close...

Revaer - For what?!
"We're gonna rig this gate!"
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:35 pm

=some of the faster soldiers ran up, reaching the gate quickly. I found a small barrel of water, grabbed it, and threw it. I used my magic i had gathered to try and freeze the water. It got colder, and it started to freeze from the outside in, but before it could get too much it hit the ground and broke, spilling everywhere. Luckily, however, some of the troopers were not expecting this, and slipped on the ice. Those that didn't poured into the gate. I hooked Meris around the neck of one of them, pulling him down and towards me. When he got close enough, I stomped on his chest, grabbed Meris, and slit his throat, the blood spraying out from his adrenaline beating heart=
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Finally the rain of arrows stopped, silently saying that the other soldiers are at the walls.
"Okay! Light this gate up with fire! Make it to hot to touch."
I watched him nod and start.. doing something with his hands. It doesn't take long for him to throw fire at the base of the gate.
Somehow, the fire was put out with a sizzle. I look past my corner and see there's a water guy somewhere in there,

Friendly soldiers finally came to reinforce us, but it was to late. With a loud crack the gate bursts open, Romanii soldiers pour in.
Immediantly there's yelling, screaming, sounds of armour ripped apart and blood. Blood everywhere.
No, I'm not running, just taken aback. And to prove I wasn't running to myself. I grab Malice and run into the fight.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:31 pm

=i pulled Meris up and started spinning it lightly in my hand, making a small circle. A few Romanii Soldiers ran at me, and I spun, letting Meris go at the same time. They were surprised, either because of my armor or my weapon or something, but the one on the left didn't get a chance to respond before Meris' blade bit into his side, digging in deep. I yanked hard on the chain, and Meris popped out with a squelch, causing blood to pour and the soldier to fall down screaming. The other soldier came at me with sword held ready. Meris wasn't close enough for me to get, so I just had to use the chain=
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: War. War never changes.   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:22 pm

Everything became a blur right after. Romanii soldiers running and cutting into Revaer, Revaer doing the same as the Romanii.
And I stood in the middle of it all, stabbing and slashing. Impaling and cutting. Keeping any Romanii who came at me at bay.
Even then I still got cuts and nicks. Because there's just to many of them. One decided not to run forward and came at my left.
I didn't notice him and cut into my right arm with his axe. I screamed in pain, involuntarily backing up and looking to my left.

With Malice still in my right hand, I twist and impale it into his head. But before I can react, someone hit Malice out of my hand. And its still in the dead soldier. I turn to the offender and throw myself to the right, avoiding his next swing. I draw my knife as I avoid another swing.
He swings again, this time horizontally. Somehow I manage to block it with the knife. We stay there for a second, pushing each others' blades.
He laughs as I give in and fall to ground. He lifts his blade for the final blow. I close my eyes and wait...

Nothing happens. I open my eyes (surprising myself) and looked to where he was standing. A Revaer had stabbed and killed him.
The Revaer doesn't seem phased when he looks at the body. Then he looks to me and nods. I stand up while he runs off into another fight.
"Thank you..." my voice a whisper.
I run off into the alleys, grabbing Malice as I do. And then hiding in there. The darkness consuming me.

Looks like I did run away after all.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:00 pm

=i caught his blade on the chain and wrapped it around. I turned and pulled down, and leaning forward, yanking the sword out of his hand and spinning back around. I punched him in the side of the head and followed it up with a kick to the leg. I moved around behind him as he was dazed and pulled his head back. I quickly yanked Meris over to me, and slit his throat. I turned and saw many more Romanii soldiers running towards me from the mouth of the alley, and I ran. I couldn't take that many on at once. I wrapped Meris around my arm as I ran=
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:45 pm

If I'm seen hiding here, people will think that I'm a coward. When I was only strategicly retreating. If I hadn't then I'd be dead. I bet they wouldn't understand. I just need to look like I was injured in battle. Then no one will know. Blah blah blah.
I decide to wait until the battle has lessened before I play dead.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:11 pm

=i run down alleyways and around buildings, looking for a way to climb up onto a building to escape my pursuers. Meris is jingling and jangling the whole time=
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:32 pm

I start tying my wound with another piece of my undershirt. I'm going to need a new shirt soon.
The battle in front of me only grew bigger. Making it that much harder ti run in there and pretend to have e'en fighting. I sigh.
"Wait... what is that?'
[ What? ]
"That jingling. Its familiar. But I can't quite place it."
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:40 pm

=i run down another alleyway, looping back towards the fighting. I see Jisr lying on the ground. The Romanii following me were a ways behind, so I had time to knell down next to Jisr=
Hey buddy. You okay?
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:05 am

I jump out of my skin, metaphorically of course.
"Whoa. Ya scared me. And I'm fine. Just can't fight anymore."
I lift up my right arm which shows the crude bandage.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:12 am

=i nod=
Okay, where's Malice?
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:17 am

"I have him here."
I reach over with my left hand and grab Malice on my right. Then I reel my arm back and rest Malice on my lap.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:21 am

=i nod again=
Okay, stand up. I'm going to get you onto the roofs away from the fighting.

=i hold my hand out as the sounds of combat get closer=
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:41 am

"You're gonna get a wounded soldier up on the roofs? At least I'm a lefty right."
I smile at my choice of words and grab his hand, then lifting myself up.
Back to top Go down
The Wings of Steel

The Wings of Steel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:47 am

=i go over to a low hanging roof and fold my hands together=
C'mon, up you go. Hurry.
Back to top Go down
Fel

Fel

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:51 am

I step up on Nerim's folded hands and climb up on the roof. Then I offer help to Nerim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr   Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continuation of the Marvelous Misadventures of Nerim and Jisr
Page 15 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next